MALLORCAN CHERRY GAZPACHO
Cooking in Mallorca is all about seasonality and what better way to express this than with a simple gazpacho recipe, which can be adjusted to the availability of fresh quality produce. In this case, we decided to use cherries, which adds an incredible sweet and tangy taste. But you should feel free to add carrots, watermelon, melon, pear, peaches, strawberries...
Find the tastiest and ripest tomatoes you can. The Sunday market in our village in Pollença has the sweetest ones, grown by a family that have been supplying me for years. This recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare. I serve it on ice -- it's a treat any time during summer.
- 3 lbs of good ripe tomatoes
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 1 lbs of cherries
1. Wash the tomatoes and cut off any imperfections that might affect taste.
2. Combine everything in a food processor and add salt to taste. Blend! Taste again.
3. Gazpacho must be very smooth and might require straining for perfect results.