A box of these beautifully crafted baubles will make a lovely gift.
You will need:
small pieces of vintage or store bought reproduction quilt-style cotton fabrics in your choice of colors and designs (smaller patterns work best)
several 2” Styrofoam ball shapes
pins and/or hot glue gun
- Using scissors, cut fabrics into approximately 1⁄2” thick strips.
- Use a brush to apply the glue onto the back of fabric, then wrap around styrfoam ball in a patch pattern.
- Trim away any excess fabric or threads.
- Repeat until ball is covered in fabric.
- Allow to dry.
- Attach a loop of knotted twine with a pin or a hot glue gun. Repeat.
Made it? Tell us about it–