You will need:
Old wool sweater
Needle and thread
iPad or kindle to use to measure
- Put your iPad on the sweater to measure, remembering to leave a little extra space for seam allowance!
- Use the bottom of the sweater (where the knit is ribbed) as the top of the case. (if you want to use the upper parts of the sweater, you can, but I would cut the rectangles a little bit longer so that I could hem the two top pieces before sewing the case together)
- Cut out through both layers of the sweater.
- Sew the two sides and the bottom together with the "right sides" facing one another. Use a simple blanket stitch (google "blanket stitch" to learn how)
- Turn your case right side out and it's ready to use!
Made it? Tell us about it–