Take an old button-up shirt and turn it into the most festive gift wrap with a masculine flair!
A quick trip to the thrift store will give you a bounty of shirts to use for this project. I love to use festive plaids at the holidays. Kid-sized shirts work really well for smaller boxes and books.
Get holiday inspiration here:
You will need:
straight pins or safety pins
fabric glue (optional)
- Pick out the shirt you're going to use.
- line it up so the buttons run down the middle of your gift.
- flip your package and pin the fabric into place.
- cut off the excess fabric.
- you can "make it pretty" on the back by glueing down the fabric with fabric glue and allowing it to dry completely, or you can just leave it pinned into place.
Whenever I go to the thrift store to buy supplies for a project, I always pull together a bag from my closet to donate on the same trip! I also always write a little donation check to my thrift store because I love to support them!
Made it? Tell us about it–