You will need:
For the cookies:
5 oz unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
2 tablespoons cornstarch, sifted
For the filling:
9 oz soft jersey caramel lollies, chopped
2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place butter, sugar, and vanilla into a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. This will take about 8–10 minutes.
- Add the flour and cornstarch and beat until a soft dough forms.
- Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill 15 minutes.
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to 1⁄4” thick.
- Using a 2” round cookie cutter, cut 36 rounds from dough.
- Place onto baking trays lined with parchment paper, leaving room for spreading.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until light golden.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Place caramel lollies, peanut butter, and cream into a saucepan over a low heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth. This will take about 3–4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Spread half the cookies with caramel & peanut filling and sandwich together with remaining cookies.
Made it? Tell us about it–