Use for magazines, towels, or books. I put this one in my bathroom for towels.
you will need:
2 18"copper pipe
2 x 16" copper pipe
2 x 12" copper pipe
copper pipe cutter
8 x 3/4” copper pipe elbow fittings
heavy fabric, 16”x24” - I used linen from Terrain
- If you didn’t have your hardware store cut your pipe for you, cut all the pieces you need with the lengths listed above.
- Use the elbow fittings and assemble the pieces to build your rack like shown in the photo. The 16” pieces are the vertical legs, the 18” lengths are the top pieces that you will hang your fabric from, and the 12” pieces are the base.
- Follow the instructions on packaging and solder your joints together. I had never done this before and I simply watched a few videos on Youtube to learn how. The soldering doesn’t look perfect, but I think it’s absolutely charming, and I can brag to friends that I now know how to solder. If you’re not up for soldering, see the tip below and use electrical tape at the joints. Be sure to leave the 4 points where the top elbow fittings meet your vertical legs unaffixed. You will want to be able to take the top bars off to hang your fabric.
- Sew a simple 2” seam on each end of your fabric to make a pocket to hold the top pipe bars.
- Hang your fabric and reattach the top pieces to the stand.
- Fill your stand with copies of Sweet Paul!
You can secure your magazine stand with electrical tape if you don’t want to use solder. It comes in many beautiful colors. Simply wrap electrical tape neatly around each place where your pipe meets a fitting. You can also use Super Glue.
Made it? Tell us about it–