This little hanging plant holder is darling and it makes a great hostess gift!
You will need:
1/4 inch copper tubing
pencil & paper
- Trace the base of your planting vessel onto paper. Use a ruler and draw an equilateral triangle around your circle.
- Measure the sides of your triangle. You’ll need to cut 3 pieces of copper in that size.
- Multiply the length of the base by 2.5 and that will be the length of your vertical pieces. You could also just eyeball this and cut 3 equal pieces if you like.
- Get a very long piece of elastic and thread it through 1 of your long tubes, then all of the short pieces. Next, thread it through a long piece and then double back down your first long piece and 1 of the short pieces and add your final tube. This will be intuitive when you’re doing it.
- Pull your elastic string tight and to form your skinny pyramid shape.
- Tie off the elastic at the top with a knot that will keep the elastic taught enough for the pyramid to retain its shape.
- Insert your planting vessel, plant something cute in it, and it’s ready to hang!
Made it? Tell us about it–