Brighten up your table with this simple project!
You will need:
linen or cotton runner (you can buy a pre-made runner or buy fabric and make your own)
fabric dye (I always use liquid RIT dye)
- Wet your runner and wring out the water.
- Roll up the runner like a sausage.
- Make the color bath according to the package instructions.
- Dip one end of the sausage into the bath. I usually do it several times.
- When you're happy with the color, rinse the runner until the water that comes from it is clear.
- After rinsing, re-roll your runner up and repeat the dip dye proccess on the other end.
- RInse and hang to dry.
I only use liquid dyes, they are SO much easier to work with.
Made it? Tell us about it–