Brighten up your table with this simple DIY dip dye project! You can make several of these runners to match any occasion or season. Fabric dye is one of the easiest craft materials to work with.
linen or cotton runner (you can buy a pre-made runner or buy fabric and make your own. There are many many simple tutorials to make runners online)
fabric dye (I always use liquid RIT dye)
- Wet your runner and wring out the water.
- Roll up the runner like a sausage.
- Make the color bath according to the package instructions.
- Dip one end of the sausage into the bath. I usually do it several times.
- When you're happy with the color, rinse the runner until the water that comes from it is clear.
- After rinsing, re-roll your runner up and repeat the dip dye proccess on the other end.
- RInse and hang to dry.
Made it? Tell us about it–