It’s so easy to use inexpensive tea towels to sew up your own charming gift bags. These bags make a perfect hostess gift when filled with pistachios. You can even use the bags as a drying or scrubbing mitt afterward!
tea towels or dish towels
Pistachios + more for snacking while sewing!
- Decide how big your bags should be. Mine is 10x6 and I think that size is really great.
- Cut out two rectangular pieces in the dimensions you choose. Allow ¼-½ inch for the seams. I like orient my rectangle on the dish towel so that the top of the bag aligns with the side seam of the dish towel so the bag will automatically have a nice finished edge on top.
- Face the outsides of your bag together and then use your sewing machine to sew up the two sides and bottom of the bag.
- Next, turn your bag right side out and it’s ready to fill with pistachios. (make sure to save a few pistachios to snack on yourself!)
- Tie the top of the bag with a ribbon and it’s ready for gifting!
Made it? Tell us about it–