Overdyed rugs are really hot right now and can often cost a pretty penny. Did you know you can make them yourself? It’s quite easy to do.The lighter the rug, the better the result will be!
You will need:
Rit fabric dye
- Vacuum the carpet.
- Wet the carpet and place it outside on a plastic tarp.
- Make the dye according to the bottle and pour it into spray bottles.
- Spray the carpet until you have the preferred color. This takes time and quite a lot of dye.
- Rinse well. Use a hose until the water that drain off the carpet is completely clear.
- Hang to dry.
- Spray with Scotchgard or similar product once dry.
Use with protective rug mat. Dye could stain floor if rug gets wet or dye was not rinsed out thoroughly.
Made it? Tell us about it–