I love the mix of using real acorn caps and beautiful fabric to create these tiny treasures!
Read my Holiday/Winter 2015 issue!
You will need:
Fabric - I used vintage silver lamé
Natural acorn caps - you can buy them on Etsy
string - if you'd like to hang them as ornaments
- Cut a square of fabric about 3.5"x3.5"
- Place a cotton ball in the center of the square.
- Bundle the fabric around the cotton ball to make a little satchel.
- Tie a piece of thread around the satchel close to the ball, make it nice and snug.
- Use your scissors to cut off the excess fabric above the strig.
- Dab some hot glue into your acorn cap.
- Push the string-side of your satchel into the cap and hold it together until the hot glue sets.
- Allow to set completely.
- If you're using these as ornaments, tie a piece of metallic string to the cap of each acorn.
Made it? Tell us about it–