A lovely way to bring spring into your home: create your own organic-style ceramic wall vases and fill with pretty flowers.
You will need:
recycled bottle or jar (best if the jar or bottle has a good sized lip at top rim).
- Place a piece of the clay onto a piece of textured linen.
- Use a rolling pin to roll evenly to about 1⁄4" thickness, allow about 11⁄2-2" space around jar or bottle you have selected. We made organic shapes leaving the edges as they were. You can trim edges if you prefer.
- Place the jar or bottle on top and make 2 holes in the clay just behind the rim. Use the end of a brush or a skewer to make the holes wide enough for wire to t through. Make another hole at the top for hanging the vase.
- Place clay piece on a board and allow to dry and harden completely, about 2 days.
- Twist wire around rim of jar or bottle a couple of times, then attach securely to clay piece, twisting wire at back.
- Fill with a little water and fresh spring owers and hang on wall.
Made it? Tell us about it–