When I was a boy, my grandmother would always use handmade Christmas tree ornaments as gift-tags on our holiday presents. As we would open each gift, we would hang the ornament on the tree. This sheep ornament would definitely make my grandmother happy if she got it on one of her presents!
This ornament is inspired by an adorable wool string sheep ornament that I saw at one of my favorite stores, Terrain. I was planning on linking to the ornament, but it seems as though they've sold out! I'm not surprised, because.... have you ever seen anything as adorable as this ornament?
You will need:
felting wool (available at craft and knitting stores)
- Look online and fine a template for a sheep, I found mine quickly via google.
- Print out your template. Mine is about 4" tall.
- Using your template, cut out the sheep shape from a piece of cardboard.
- Punch a hole in the top middle of your sheep and tie a string loop throuhg the hole to use to hang the sheep. Make it long so that your puffy wool wont cover it!
- Pull your felting wool into strips.
- Begin to wrap your strips around your sheep shape. Tuck the ends of the wool under itself. The fibers of the wool will naturally stick to itself. Make sure not to cover over your hanging loop of string.
Enter Sweet Paul’s Sweetest Giveaway!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Made it? Tell us about it–