This candle making technique yields the most charmingly imperfect results!
Our friend and contributor Dietlind Wolf created this wonderful project for our Holiday 2013 issue!
You will need:
deep container to melt the wax
- Melt your wax and color it if you want. You can find many videos on youtube that explain the basic melting technique.
- Cut a wick to your desired length and be sure to leave a lot of open space at the end because it looks amazing!
- Begin to dip the wick into the wax... making sure the wick is straight and vertical.
- Allow the wax to set after each dip, then repeat and dip and allow to set again.
- Continue this dipping process until your candle is the desired thickness.
- We like to color wax in a contrasting color and do the final few dips in the new color.
To simplify this project you could use store-bought candles and simply dip them in a contrasting color to get a handmade look!
Made it? Tell us about it–