We used the paper tree template measuring 6 1⁄2” tall (not including branch). Our branch measured 8 1⁄2”.
Get holiday inspiration here:
approved green dye
about 1 yard pure wool felt
paper tree template
hot glue gun
- Follow dye packet directions to color wool felt.
- Squeeze out all liquid and allow felt to dry naturally.
- Print and cut out paper template to the size you would like your tree.
- Pin template to felt and cut out tree.
- Repeat until you have 8 felt tree cut outs.
- Fold each felt tree in half vertically and iron at.
- Working with a single felt tree piece at a time, apply hot glue to the fold then glue to the branch positioning it about 1⁄2” above the top of the branch.
- Repeat with remaining felt trees. This will resemble pages of a book.
- Insert a little hot glue into top section of tree and press felt edges together to neaten the top of the tree.
- Tree can stand in a small bottle, lean against a wall, or in a plant pot filled with clean sand. You can make smaller or larger trees by simply changing the size of the felt template.
Made it? Tell us about it–