pieces of leather in 2 colors
leather hole punch
- Dismount a paper envelope. Put it on a piece of leather and trace with a pen. Make sure that all 4 triangles will lap over the center point when folded, all envelopes are not constructed that way, so you might have to lengthen the triangles.
- Cut out the pieces with scissors.
- Fold and punch a hole through the 3 bottom triangles, in the middle of the leather envelope.
- Fasten a button stud through all 3 layers.
- Punch a hole through the uppermost layer and close it with the stud.
- To make the cross, cut out a cross and put another color leather behind the hole.
- Glue it with paper glue to hold it in place while sewing.
- Use a leather hole punch tool to make holes for sewing through both layers.
Made it? Tell us about it–