This tiara is the perfect piece to crown the head of a special princess in your life!
From Lova: "When I was a little I used to love dressing up, and especially as a princess. I still have four or five crowns and tiaras in a closet somewhere. I found these buttons and thought they would look cute on a little crown (and maybe a little more interesting than my plastic crowns)."
You will need:
Metal wire -- make sure it's supple enough to be easily bent and formed.
Buttons -- I used vintage buttons in a pale color scheme.
A small piece of tissue paper
- Begin by making a small circle with your wire the diameter that you wish your tiara to be. Mine is about 4 inches in diameter.
- Twist and wrap your wire around the circle several times to make it sturdy.
- Next, begin to make arches and spikes around your circle to form the tiara. You can use the photos here as your example.
- I covered my wire with small pieces of tissue paper that I painted with glue. This gave the wire a nice black matte effect. If you like your wire you can leave it bare or you can do the tissue process as I have.
- Begin to add your buttons. Again, use the photos as your example.
- Allow to dry.
- Attach the tiara with hair pins or a ribbon!
Made it? Tell us about it–