Precious tiny worlds unfold within old candy tins. Cut out illustrations form old damaged books found at a thrift store or flea market.
From Lova: I found these old tin boxes in a closet and I decided that there had to be something beautiful inside them. I felt like there had to be something golden and yellow in the big one and something blue in the small one.
Old TIns or Small Boxes
Paints or watercolors
Old books with illustrations or printouts from the internet
Any other craft supplies or materials you can find
- Find some old tins or boxes.
- Paint background with watercolors on watercolor paper. try to build many layers to give your box dimension.
- Cut out illustrations from old books for the cities and features in your box.
- On the bottom of the golden one I used clay to build a hill.
- I used rice paper for clouds.
- You can really let your imagination go wild.
Made it? Tell us about it–