Precious tiny worlds unfold within old candy tins.
From Lova: I found these old tin boxes in a closet and I decided that there had to be something beautiful inside them. I felt like there had to be something golden and yellow in the big one and something blue in the small one.
- Find some old tins or boxes.
- Paint background with watercolors on watercolor paper. try to build many layers to give your box dimension.
- Cut out illustrations from old books for the cities and features in your box.
- On the bottom of the golden one I used clay to build a hill.
- I used rice paper for clouds.
- You can really let your imagination go wild.
Cut out illustrations form old damaged books found at a thrift store or flea market.
Made it? Tell us about it–