This charming envelope shaped clutch is SO EASY to make!
From Lova: "This is a cute little clutch that is super easy and fast to make. No sewing or glue involved! It looks like a letter and if you want you can even put a stamp and an address on the front side (Sharpie usually sticks to leather). Use it as a clutch or make a small one for business cards!"
You will need:
A paper envelope the shape you'd like your clutch to be.
A piece of leather
- Start by opening up a paper greeting card envelope to use as a template.
- Use your template to trace the shape on your piece of leather. If you want your clutch to be bigger than your template, just use the template as a guide and draw your outline a couple inches bigger.
- Use a hole puncher to make two holes in each flap. The holes should be equally spaced on each flap and align on top of each other when you close the envelope.
- Take two ribbons and thread on of them through the holes of the three bottom flaps, and tie a knot. Take the other ribbon and thread it through the holes in the top flap.
- You may want to score the places where your envelope clutch folds to help it fold a bit better.
- Tie the ribbons into a bow to close the clutch.
Made it? Tell us about it–