The unexpected combination of green quince and orange marigolds is sure to please!
Our contributor and friend Dietlind Wolf came up with this beautiful idea for a quince and marigold wreath and I just fell in love with it!
You will need:
Quince or another fruit or vegetable to use as a base
Sturdy yet pliable wire
- Snip your wire into the length of your choice.
- Cut the marigold flowers from the stems.
- Begin the thread the marigolds onto the wire as if they were beads. Make sure to leave a couple of inches on each end to allow you to close the wreath.
- Bend your wire into a circle shape and twist the ends to close the wreath as you see in the photo.
- Insert the wreath stem into your quince and make sure it is balanced and stands upright.
- Adjust the placement of your marigolds so they look pretty on the wreath.
You can substitute pears or pumpkins for quince.
Made it? Tell us about it–