Use any kind of hard candy to create these beautiful hanging ornaments!
You will need:
various hard candies
cookie stamps or mason jar
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment and spray your cookie stamps or the bottom of a mason jar with cooking spray.
- Unwrap a variety of hard candies and arrange them on the baking tray at least 3 inches apart from one another. You can combine 2 or 3 candies next to each other to make a larger ornament. Experiment, and have fun!
- Put candies in the oven for 3 to 6 minutes. Watch them closely! They will start to melt and expand, and that's the time to pull them out of the oven.
- As soon as they are out of the oven use your greased stamps or mason jar to squash the candies flat.
- Use your wooden skewer to make a little hole in each flattened candy.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Tie a loop of baker's twine to each ornament, hang, and enjoy! You can also use them as decorations for your holiday presents!
Made it? Tell us about it–