I like having a cluster of these planters, each covered with a different mosaic material.
You will need:
terra cotta pot and dish
mosaic material (such as smooth
river stones or broken pottery pieces)
- Attach mosaic material (such as smooth river stones or broken pottery pieces) to terra cotta pot in desired pattern, affixing each piece to the pot with silicone.
- Once the mosaic is complete, allow the silicone to set for at least 24 hours.
- When set, use a putty knife to apply the pre-mixed grout, filling in the spaces between the mosaic material. Use a gloved hand to smooth, distribute, and remove any extra of the grout.
- Once the grout has set, lightly wipe pot down with a damp sponge to remove grout film from the mosaic pieces.
- Allow grout to dry completely (a few days) before planting the pot.
Made it? Tell us about it–