Before electricity, it was a tradition in some Muslim cultures to climb up to high elevations with lanterns in hand to help spot the crescent moon; the sighting of the moon indicating the beginning of Ramadan or Eid.
Chase the sweet things in life with Sweet Paul:
Download the template by clicking the template below and navigating to the print icon in the share menu.
recycled glass jars
glass enamel paint, purple and gold
- Thoroughly clean glass jars, making sure to wipe down with a glass cleaner as well.
- Paint the interior of the jars with 3 coats of purple paint using the foam brush.
- Print out clipart, reducing or increasing size to fit jar. Cut out the negative space to create a moon and star template.
- Secure the template to the jars with masking tape. Use a small brush to paint the moon and star with gold enamel paint.
- Take the 18-gauge wire and, using pliers, make a small hook at each end of the wire by folding it back onto itself.
- Wrap the wire around the rim of the jar and secure to the hook. Then shape the remaining wire into a handle and hook down.
Made it? Tell us about it–