Repurpose socks into these darling hobby horses!
This project is featured in our NEW kids issue! Read the whole issue HERE!
You will need:
thick woolen socks
2 large buttons
yarn or floss in different colors
wooden rod, 3-4 feet
- Start with sewing buttons on each side.
- Using floss or yarn embroider eye lashes.
- Add the mane by sewing and tying pieces of wool/floss to the sock.
- Stuff the sock.
- Place on a rod and fasten by tying several times with yarn.
- Make the bridle by tying yarn around the nose and leave some extra for the reigns.
- GIDDY UP!
Great way to reuse orphan socks!
Made it? Tell us about it–