A mobile made from simple circles of paper hung from metal wreath frames!
I really wanted to make something BIG for my office decor. This is huge but only took me a couple of hours to make. I chose paper scraps in a pretty color scheme and a couple of metal rings that are usually used for wreath making.
various decorative papers
metal hoop wreath frames
hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Punch a bunch of paper dots with a paper puncher.
- Sew dots together into a very long garland, leaving some space in between each dot.
- Connect 2 different sizes of metal rings by tying string between them at 3 places
- Tie 3 strings to the outer metal ring and tie them in a knot a 1/2 yard above the ring to make a hanging arrangement.
- Cut your garland into shorter pieces and hang over both metal rings. Make the inner end a little longer and the outer a little shorter.
- Secure the garlands to the metal rings with a little bit of hot glue. This will make your mobile more stable.
Brighten your home with this jubilant statement piece.
Made it? Tell us about it–