- Cut about 20-25 quarter sized circles, alternating leather and felt.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue the circles to create a stack. This will form the stem of your mushroom.
- Using a sharpie, draw the shape of your mushroom cap on a piece of leather. This will be the largest part of the mushroom.
- Cut the leather.
- Use the leather piece as a template and trace the shape onto a piece of felt.
- Cut the felt very slightly smaller than the template.
- Repeat steps 5 & 6, alternating between felt and leather.
- As you cut your leather and wool, it helps to number the pieces to keep track of their order.
- Once the pieces become too small to cut, assemble them by stacking and hot gluing all of your mushroom cap pieces from largest to smallest. (Use only a dot or two of hot glue toward the center of the mushroom, keeping the edges unglued)
- After you have assembled the cap, glue the stem to the underside of the mushroom cap.
Made it? Tell us about it–