Many years ago when I was a florist living in Oslo, Norway, I used to make these Spring birds from moss and ivy. They were my best seller! Makes an amazing hostess gift!
You will need:
newspaper (or some sort of heavy duty packing or kraft paper)
flower pot or vessel
ivy plant with soil
3 bamboo skewers
- Take the newspaper and start to form a simple bird shape.
- Soak the moss in water. Start at the head of the bird and use the wire to fasten the moss around the paper. This is a similar process to how you would make a wreath with a wreath frame and vegetation.
- Work yourself all the way around the bird.
- Fill a pot with an ivy plant.
- Place the bird over the ivy and secure it by sticking bamboo skewers into the bird and then into the soil.
- Arrange the ivy around the base of the bird. Use your scissors to cut excess leaves away.
- Don't be afraid to get creative!
Made it? Tell us about it–