This is one of my favorite craft projects from the kid's issue. I loved turning simple inexpensive cardboard boxes into toys, so much fun. This one was extra fun since I collect vintage robots.
You will need:
Two round silver tube boxes
Hot glue gun
Clear top of a container
Six coffee pods (we used Nespresso pods, but you can use bottle caps)
Water-based red paint
Water-based silver paint
1 yard soft metal wire
- Start by hot gluing the top flaps of the box together.
- Hot glue the two tube boxes to either side of the box.
- Cut a hole just a little smaller than the clear top lid of a container and hot glue it in place.
- Cut a small hole on the top of the box and hot glue the bulb in place.
- Hot glue the knobs onto the front of the robot head.
- Cut off the side flaps on the bottom of the box.
- Paint the light bulb red and the whole box silver.
- Make a small hole in both tube boxes and stick the wire in it; hot glue in place.
- Bend the wire to create an antenna.
Photography by Ellen Silverman
Made it? Tell us about it–