You can now dye your light switch covers to give your room a pop of color! Rit DyeMore will work on most synthetic materials. I experimented with many different items to find materials that took the color best. It’s such a fun process!
When I heard that Rit Dye launched a new product called Rit DyeMore that would dye synthetic materials I just had to try it out! It’s every bit as cool as I had hoped, you can actually dye many plastics and other synthetic materials now! The results are bright and fun. There are so many new possibilities. I have a feeling my craft projects are going to be a little bit more colorful from now on!
To learn more about dyeing visit ritstudio.com
Rit DyeMore can be found on Amazon or ritstudio.com
You will need:
Rit DyeMore in the color(s) of your choice
plastic light switch covers in white - available on Amazon or your local hardware store
- I used two colors on each of my covers. I prepared and dyed with each dye bath separately.
- prepare the dye bath for your first color on the stovetop as stated in the DyeMore instructions on the bottle.
- dip dye half of your cover until it reaches the desired color.
- allow to dry completely.
- prepare the second color dye bath.
- repeat steps 3 and 4 with the other half of the cover.
- install the light switch cover on your wall according to manufacturer instructions.
Made it? Tell us about it–