These look impressive but are super easy to make! You just need some tea lights, greenery, a pop of something red, and string.
Read my Holiday/Winter 2015 issue!
You will need:
tea lights, I used 8 large ones to make 18 small ornaments -BUY HERE
greenery, I used boxwood, eucalyptus, and pink pepperberries
string -BUY HERE
silicone mold -BUY HERE
- Cut 18 lengths of string about 6 inches each.
- For the wax, take the tea lights and remove the wicks and the metal cups so that you only have the wax.
- Place them in a small pot and slowly melt the wax over low heat.
- Pour wax into the molds 3 at a time. Quickly add some greens, some of your pop of red, and a hoop of string to use as a hanger. Don't try to do more than 3 at a time because the wax hardens really quickly once it's in the molds!
- Repeat until all your wax is used up!
- Allow the ornaments to set and cool. This takes 10 to 20 minutes.
- Carefully pop the ornaments out of the molds and you're ready to hang them!
Made it? Tell us about it–