Whirling dervishes act as symbols of love and kindness.
When entertaining, give your guests a warm welcome with a personalized dervish they can take home. For an added touch, have a short poetry reading at the dinner table from the works of Mevlana Rumi.
Crafts+recipes by Manal Aman | Styling by Paul Lowe | Photography by Alexandra Grablewski
To download the template, click into the document below, and download from the SHARE button.
- Cut out whirling dervish templates onto white paper. Cut along all black lines, including the ones along the torso.
- Cut out a red hat using the hat template. Glue the hat onto the dervish
- Pull the dervish’s robes together to form a “skirt” and glue.
- Cut out a strip of black paper enough to fit around the dervish’s waist.
- Write your guest’s name on the strip with a white pen and glue around the dervish’s waist.
Made it? Tell us about it–