Traditional aguardiente is served straight by most Colombians, but Luis Otoya gives us a festive send-up of the mojito.
You will need:
4 limes spearmint
4 tablespoons white sugar
4 shots Aguardiente (Colombian Anis Liquor)
- Cut the limes into wedges.
- Divide lime, spearmint, and white sugar into each glass.
- Crush the ingredients together with the help of a muddler or a wooden spoon.
- Add 1 shot of Aguardiente.
- Add ice.
- Top with seltzer water.
- Decorate with a sprig of spearmint.
Made it? Tell us about it–