Honey Almond Butter gives this classic cinnamon bun recipe an update! Plus a little extra protein and flavor to boot!
Read my Fall 2017 Issue:
Makes 12 buns
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
5 tablespoons butter
1 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 small egg
1 tablespoon dry yeast
1 egg for eggwash
5 tablespoons Justin's Honey Almond Butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1 teaspoon Justin's Honey Almond Butter
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Start by melting together milk and butter until finger warm.
- Place flour,sugar, salt, egg, and yeast in a kitchen mixer and mix well until it all comes together.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes in the machine. If the dough feels to loose then add more flour.
- Cover bowl, and let the dough rise in a warm place until double its original size.
- Take it out of the mixing bowl and use a rolling pin to roll it into a rectangle.
- Spread the dough with the filling ingredients: honey almond butter, sugar, cinnamon, and almonds.
- Roll it into a log and cut into 12 disk-shaped slices.
- Place slices on a baking tray covered with parchment paper, and allow to rise for 1 hour more.
- Brush with egg wash, and bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For the glaze, mix together honey almond butter, confectioners sugar, and enough water(a little at a time) to reach a nice loose glaze consistency . Finally drizzle the glaze on the buns and enjoy!
Made it? Tell us about it–