This recipe is from my friend Sif Orellana and her son Jonas! You can make these bars exactly as you’d like them by swapping in di erent types of nuts.
Makes about 12–15
1 cup rolled oats
seeds from 1 vanilla pod (or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
1⁄2 cup pistachios, finely chopped
1⁄2 cup almonds, finely chopped
1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 tablespoons almond butter
5 tablespoons agave syrup
200 g dark chocolate, 70% cacao
pistachios, chopped extra fine, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the almond pistachio oat bars in a bowl. You can add a little bit more agave syrup, if the mixture does not stick together.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Scoop 2–3 tablespoons of the dough, roll into bars with your hands. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Let cool on cooling rack.
- Melt the dark chocolate using a double boiler over low heat. Be careful not to overheat.
- Dip the stickers into the melted chocolate and decorate with finely chopped pistachios.
- Place into the fridge for a couple of minutes to harden and then place a slim wooden skewer in the one end of the almond pistachio oat bars.
- Keep the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can last for six or seven days, but to be honest, I will be surprised, if you haven’t eaten them all by then.
Made it? Tell us about it–