This recipe is from my friend Sif Orellana and her son Jonas! It's basically a nutty granola bar on a stick! You can make these bars exactly as you’d like them by swapping in different types of nuts.
Makes about 12–15
1 cup rolled oats
seeds from 1 vanilla pod (or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
1⁄2 cup pistachios, finely chopped
1⁄2 cup almonds, finely chopped
1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 tablespoons almond butter
5 tablespoons agave syrup
200 g dark chocolate, 70% cacao
pistachios, chopped extra fine, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the almond pistachio oat bars in a bowl. You can add a little bit more agave syrup, if the mixture does not stick together.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Scoop 2–3 tablespoons of the dough, roll into bars with your hands. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Let cool on cooling rack.
- Melt the dark chocolate using a double boiler over low heat. Be careful not to overheat.
- Dip the stickers into the melted chocolate and decorate with finely chopped pistachios.
- Place into the fridge for a couple of minutes to harden and then place a slim wooden skewer in the one end of the almond pistachio oat bars.
- Keep the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can last for six or seven days, but to be honest, I will be surprised, if you haven’t eaten them all by then.
Made it? Tell us about it–