I wanted to see if I could get the flavors of an apple pie into a cocktail and, by George, I did it! The crumble is what does it—all the right flavors, mixed with apple cider and dark, spicy rum—YUM! Use any leftover crumbles as an ice cream topping.
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, cold and cubed
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
juice from 1/2 lemon
2 cups apple cider
1 cup dark spiced rum
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, butter, and cinnamon.
- Use your fingers to crumble ingredients together well.
- Spread crumbles on a baking sheet, and bake at 375°F until golden, about 15 minutes. Cool.
- Dip the rim of a glass in lemon juice, and then dip the rim in the baked crumble mixture.
- In each glass, add ice, 1/2 cup apple cider, and 1/4 cup rum. Stir gently and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–