Soaking a cake in liquid is a great way to add flavor and make it more moist. If a cake comes out dry, drizzle some milk over it and let it soak in. This is a good tip my mom would always use.
You will need:
2 sticks butter, softened+extra
1 1/2 cups + 4 tablespoons sugar
4 large eggs
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cups milk
2 cups pomegranate juice
2 cups heavy cream
seeds from . vanilla bean
1/4 cup amaretto
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat 1½ cups sugar and butter until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mix well, and add flour, vanilla, baking powder, and milk. Stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Divide the batter into 2 well-greased 9” pans.
- Bake for about 25–30 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Place pomegranate juice and 4 tablespoons sugar in a pot and bring to a boil, let it simmer until it’s reduced to half, and then let cool.
- Whip cream and vanilla until soft and creamy.
- Place 1 cake on a serving dish, and make a lot of little holes in the cake with a bamboo skewer.
- Drizzle half of the amaretto and let it soak into the cake.
- Add half the cream and put another cake on top. Do the same with the rest of the amaretto.
- Finish off with more cream, pomegranate seeds, and the cold syrup.
Made it? Tell us about it–