A BIG & SPICY flavored syrup that's great with soda or over ice cream and even better with VODKA!
I'm channeling my Scandinavian heritage for this fabulous syrup that can be used to enhance your favorite SUMMER SIPPERS! I developed this recipe for my friends atSons of Norway's Viking Magazine. Read about my Summer Sippers story HERE.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1" slice of fresh ginger, peeled
6 black peppercorns
1 lemongrass, sliced
Alcohol suggestion: Vodka
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, water and spices.
- Bring to a boil and stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cool and strain into a glass to cool.
- To serve mix 2-3 tablespoons with ice, soda water and bitters.
- To make a cocktail simply add 2 cl vodka to each glass as prepared above and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–