Making pies in small sheet pans is so fun and easy.
Get tons of inspiration in Sweet Paul Magazine:
1 stick cold butter, cubed 11/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar ice cold water
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 egg yolk
sliced fruit like pears, plums, nectarines, etc.
1/2 cup berries
1 tablespoon sugar
- Place butter, flour, and sugar in a large bowl. Mix together using your fingers. The result should be a crumbly mixture.
- Add the water a little at a time until you have a smooth dough.
- Wrap in plastic and leave for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- In a blender, pulse almonds and powdered sugar until fine. Then mix in the egg yolk.
- Roll out the dough, and place on small baking pans. Make sure to press the dough up along the edges of the pan.
- Freeze dough for 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Divide and spread the almond mixture among the pans, and top with sliced fruits and blueberries. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400oF for about 25–30 minutes. Cool and slice.
Made it? Tell us about it–