Sweet, earthy and tasty!
Makes about 4.5 cups
You will need:
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
4 small parsnips (12 oz), peeled and diced
1 medium apple, peeled, cored and diced
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1⁄2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄4 cup shelled pepitas
1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat.
- Add parsnips, apple, and onion and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add garlic and cook 5 minutes more.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until everything is tender.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor, add cream and salt, and purée until smooth. Return to clean pot and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Stir together pepitas, curry powder, and remaining olive oil to coat.
- Spread out on a sheet pan and toast for 6 to 10 minutes or until fragrant.
- Drain briefly on a paper towel and sprinkle over soup to garnish.
Made it? Tell us about it–