1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup water
4 tablespoons dark rum
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
6 tablespoons heavy cream
2 apples, golden is great
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg
3/4 cup apple cider
corn oil for frying
- Start with the sauce.
- Heat the sugar in a pan on medium heat.
- Once its melted and golden brown add butter, water, run, vinegar and cream.
- Stir until you have a smooth sauce.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a bowl.
- Peel and core the apples.
- In a bowl stir together flour, baking powder, egg and cider. The batter should be thick.
- Dip the sliced apples into the batter.
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Fry the apple slices until golden.
- Let them run off on paper towel.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve hot with the sauce.
Made it? Tell us about it–