2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 apples, peeled, cored and cut in wedges
4 egg yolks
4 tablespoons sugar
1 cup cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll out the dough to a thin layer on a piece of wax paper.
- Turn the paper upside down in a greased pie tin and drag of the paper slowly.
- Trim the edges.
- Pre bake 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or lightly golden.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Fill the pie with apples.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar light and creamy, add cream and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour into the pie and bake for another 18-20 minutes, or until the pie is set.
- Cool and serve a la mode.
Made it? Tell us about it–