This recipe is from Aran's book, 'Small Plates and Sweet Treats: My Family’s Journey to Gluten-Free Cooking'
1 medium cauliflower, cut into small florets
½ medium leek, cut into large rings
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for topping
1½ teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 medium russet potato, peeled and diced
3 cups chicken stock
½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Toss together the cauliflower, leek, onion, garlic, olive oil, and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to a large pot.
- Add the diced potato, chicken stock, coconut milk, thyme leaves, and remaining teaspoon of salt.
- Bring the liquid to a boil over mediumhigh heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Purée the soup in a blender.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and some microgreens.
Made it? Tell us about it–