These tarts make such a great lunch or picnic food, as they can be served hot or cold.
1 large sheet puff pastry (I use Dufour)
dusting of plain flour
1 cup Fontina, grated
1 cup Gruyère, grated
1 egg yolk
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and blanched
salt & pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut the pastry into 2 pieces and roll it out to double its size. Use a little flour so that it does not stick to the surface.
- Place each pastry on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix cheese, eggs, and cream.
- Divide the mixture onto the puff pastries.
- Place asparagus on top, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with oil.
- Bake until golden, about 12–15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with honey and lemon zest.
Made it? Tell us about it–