1 1/4 plain flour
1 stick salted butter
2-3 tablespoons cold water
1 large eggs
7 oz ricotta
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup milk
salt and pepper
1 bunch thin asparagus, trimmed
- In a large bowl add the flour.
- Add the butter and work it fast into the flour using your fingers. The result should be a grainy texture.
- Add the water and work it together fast.
- Roll to a ball and wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Take it out and roll or press it into a 9" tart tin.
- Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Bake the tart shell for 12-15 minutes at 375F.
- In a bowl beat together egg, ricotta, cream, milk ,salt and pepper.
- Pour into the tart.
- Place the asparagus on top.
- Bake another 20 minutes at 350F or until golden and set.
Made it? Tell us about it–