The most amazing combination of layers of thinly-sliced potatoes sandwiched with shredded gruyere cheese, wrapped in bacon, and slowly roasted in the oven!
11/2 pounds bacon, sliced (but not too thinly)
3 large russet potatoes, thinly sliced
salt and pepper
2 cups grated gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 370ºF.
- Layer the bacon like a fan in a cast-iron skillet.
- Add a layer of potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and add a third of the cheese.
- Continue with two more layers.
- Fold the bacon over the cheese layer and bake for about 11/2 hours.
- With a small, sharp knife, test for doneness all the way through
- Let dish sit 15 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Made it? Tell us about it–