Baked apples are such a wonderful dessert. I love to add a stick of cinnamon to the center when I serve them. It almost makes them look like little pumpkins!
Four good baking apples, cored and scored around the middle (leave unpeeled)
2 cups apple cider
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup golden raisins
4 cinnamon sticks
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375 ̊F.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, raisins, cinnamon and cloves.
- Place apples upright in a baking dish. Fill apples generously with sugar mixture. Add any remaining mixture and raisins to dish. Add apple cider to cover one inch of the bottom of the apples. Dot tops of apples with butter. Place a cinnamon stick in each cavity.
- Cover pan with a tent of parchment paper-lined aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until apples are knife-tender (check periodically).
- Serve with cinnamon stick.
Made it? Tell us about it–