Warm gooey cheese with chorizo? Yes, please! A great snack with a glass of red wine, you can also substitute other kinds of cheese, like raclette or cheddar.
10 ounces manchego cheese, cubed
2 raw chorizo sausages
For the salsa verde:
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup green olives, pitted
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 cup mint, chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Divide the cheese into four small or one large cast-iron skillet.
- Cook the chorizo until brown, no grease needed.
- Top the skillets with chorizo and salsa verde.
- Bake until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- For the salsa Verde: Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until you have a chunky sauce.
- Add more olive oil if it’s too thick.
- Set aside to allow the flavors to meld before serving.
Made it? Tell us about it–