Gotta love browned butter— it’s such an easy thing to make. Those baked potato gnocchi are so good and they soak up the sauce really well.
2 lbs large Russet potatoes
2 egg yolks
1½ cups all purpose flour
salt & pepper, to taste
2 sticks salted butter
½ cup diced pancetta
20 sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prick the potatoes with a fork so steam can get out of them.
- Place on a rack and bake until soft. This will take about 1 hour.
- Peel while still hot and press through a potato ricer.
- Place in a bowl with egg yolk, flour, and salt.
- Work the mixture together quickly. Don’t over work it as that can make it gummy in texture.
- Take pieces of the dough. Roll into a 1”-thick sausage and cut up into 1”-long pieces.
- Boil gnocchis in a large pot of salted water. They are done once they float up to the surface.
- Melt butter in a pan and stir it until it gets brown.
- Fry sage leaves in butter and set aside. Keep warm.
- Cook the pancetta in a pan until golden.
- Mix gnocchi, butter, sage, and pancetta in a large bowl and season with pepper.
If you are not cooking your gnocchi right away, place them on a tray, dust with flour,
cover, and refrigerate. They can keep up to 2 days.
Made it? Tell us about it–