This rich and tasty sweet potato dish is perfect as a side or a n entree!
2 large sweet potatoes
2 shallots, peeled and finely diced
1 garlic clove, minced
9 ounces whole-leaf spinach, cleaned
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons pine nuts
7 ounces feta cheese, cubed
1 tomato, cored and finely diced
1 thyme sprig, washed and leaves removed
- Boil sweet potatoes in salted water for about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375oF.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, and sauté the shallots and garlic. Add the spinach and let it collapse.
- Roast pine nuts in a small frying pan until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, toss together remaining ingredients. Fold in spinach, salt, pepper, and mix well.
- Drain the sweet potatoes at the end of the cooking time, and allow to cool slightly. Cut lengthwise.
- Put the sweet potato halves into a baking dish with the cut surface facing upward.
- Cover the potato halves with the spinach mixture and bake on the center rack for 20 minutes.
Made it? Tell us about it–